After receiving the cable schedule in Excel format, we convert the information into our own customized software. We assign each cable a four-digit Vos ID number for easy reference, and then assemble the pull folder with the following information:
- Vos ID number
- Engineered cable numbers
- Size and type of cable
- “From” and “to” location with description
- Two cable ID tags (one for each end of the cable for pulling)
- After the cable is pulled, each folder is returned to the office and signed by the foreman for that particular area
Benefits from our Pull & Term System are that our software will check for:
- Proper wire and size for motors
- Duplication of wire numbers
- Duplication of “From” and “To” termination locations
- Enough conductors in each cable
We have used this system for more than 20 years to ensure we do not overlook any cables that need to be installed, enabling Vos Electric to meet or exceed all job completion dates.
Project Status & Reporting System
Once we receive an ‘Issued For Construction’ cable schedule in Excel format we create the Project Status & Reporting System for your particular project with our own customized software. We assign each cable a four digit VOS ID number for easy reference and create a Pull Sheet, FROM Termination Sheet, and a TO termination sheet for every cable. Each sheet has the proper labels already attached to the sheets, so a cable will never not be labeled.
When each one of our electricians finishes pulling or terminating a cable they will sign and date the sheet and return them to the main office. There, the information will be entered into the PSRS. This system will track every individual cable and report the status of each one with these five categories. Each category is given a weighted percentage to ensure total accuracy.
- PIPED – Is the raceway install for that specific cable.
- PULLED – Is that specific cable pulled to and from the proper destination?
- FROM – Is that specific cable terminated at the FROM location.
- TO – Is that specific cable terminated at the TO location.
- TESTED – Has that specific cable been to verify it is coming from and going to the proper users.
Our system is able to produce any type of report the client would like to see:
- Overall project completion percentage.
- System status report, showing the percentage complete of a certain system.
- How many cables are left to pull, or terminate in a system or area.
- Forecast hours to complete the project for manpower projections.
- Contains all safety forms and videos.
- Contains all company QA/QC Forms.
- Contains a Project Daily Log, to keep a log of all the daily activities
- Enables the user to create 2”x4” marking labels, to identify the task for particular devices.
- Keeps track of how many cables of each type that still needs to be pulled, this makes ordering cable very easy.